Battle Creek Program Associate
Location – Battle Creek, MI
SecondMuse is a fast-paced company working on open innovation projects throughout the US and around the world. We are looking for a high performing self-starter who combines a passion for new paths in economic development with a desire to make a difference. This position requires an independent, intellectually curious, and detail-oriented problem solver, critical thinker, and communicator to do deep engagement in the City of Battle Creek, MI.
We are seeking an early professional to serve as part of a team to implement innovative new programs that help entrepreneurs. The team will build a sustainable stronger eco-system that helps innovators to thrive and improves neighborhoods and communities through the City. This position will be at the program frontline, connecting with people and organizations in the community and organizing events – leading to lasting change that makes Battle Creek a better place to live and work.
Open up and build 21st century economies in Battle Creek with us! SecondMuse has been at the vanguard of global innovation for over a decade, working with visionary cities, governments, organizations and startups to build financially meaningful and self-sustaining economic systems—what we call “lasting economies.” At the core of our economies are communities and networks, not goods and services. We successfully build economies across borders, industries and mandates because we put people first. From Brooklyn to Bali, our programs span geographies, scales and sectors.
What makes us different from other accelerators or innovation agencies? Ours is not a zero-sum game. Our focus is not the next unicorn; we are building economies where everyone succeeds. We invite you to join our Battle Creek team and build with us locally; to leverage our learnings and approaches to build strong communities and influence local, regional and global networks; and to add your own swagger to our growing team and portfolio of programs.
Key Position Responsibilities
- Plan logistics and help manage large production workshops and meetings details.
- Help ideate and support the program team’s design of new initiatives in Battle Creek.
- Engage with entrepreneurs and innovators to help them advance towards their goals.
- Co-create with the SecondMuse communication team to write high quality externally facing reports, briefing documents, presentations and collateral as well as drive social media and other communications.
- Connect with community members and program stakeholders to build lasting relationships.
Key Skills and Capacities
- Strong organizational skills with an attention to detail
- Disciplined in working independently
- Capacity to work and thrive in a growing, entrepreneurial organization within a collaborative environment
- Good with people
- Curious and learning orientated
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
Interested? Here are the Next Steps
Send your resume, one-page cover letter and one-page writing sample – all in pdf format – to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Battle Creek Program Associate” in the subject heading. Application deadline – Jan. 7, 2019.
- Include links to stories, social media, sites, blogs or anything you’ve written or created (that you love)
Cover Letter (one-page maximum)
- What interests you about SecondMuse?
- What do you bring to a team?
- Tell us about your experience with an innovation challenge or similar types of program.
Sample Project Plan
- Please share a sample project plan that you have created or a page describing how you would run and facilitate a codesign session.
SecondMuse is an equal opportunity employer. Only finalist candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.